Anybody can start living a more frugal life. When Cee and I first started, these are thing things we immediately did and what YOU can do to cut back and pay off some debt:
- Cut the cable
- Get Rid of Gym Membership (you don’t use)
- Stop Starbucks
- “…The average worker in the U.S. currently coughs up over $20 a week on coffee, working out to a grand total of $1,092annually.”
- Seriously. Just stop it. No human needs a Starbucks coffee every single day. You can buy the syrups and other gadgets that make the magical bean taste just as good, if not BETTER, than green mermaid.
- Personal Shopping
- If you are one of those people that likes having ‘in season’ clothes: Good for you. If you want to live a frugal life, start shopping thrift stores OR put a freeze on personal shopping items all together.
- Gettin’ Those Nails Did
- I LOVE going to the salon and coming out with a fresh new coat on my fingers – but it costs an arm and a leg. Invest in Essie or OPI and start practicing at home. I promise you’ll get the hang of it… On one hand at least.
- Sell some stuff
- If you have items laying around that you don’t use, try to sell them. Craiglist, Ebay, garage sale… it doesn’t matter. Money in your pocket is money in your pocket.